Everyone loves Acai Bowls, and for good reason, but did you know that we have a Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl on our menu also?
At Health Freak Café we love nothing more than making delicious meals out of SUPERFOODS! The word “super” in itself makes us as human beings feel like we are doing something RIGHT for our body! First thing on a Monday morning and we need all the right (and not to mention caffeine) that we can get!!
We recently got creative with our customer favourite Acai Bowl, and turbo charged it with the tropical superfruit papaya (aka DRAGON FRUIT) to make this colourful, nutritionally dense, antioxidant rich, fatty acid superb super bowl!
Convinced to try it yet? Let’s talk some more about Dragon Fruit.
Dragon Fruit, also known as Pitaya, is an exotic tropical superfruit grown in the tropical regions of South East Asia and South America. The Pitaya is a stunningly beautiful fruit with an intense colour and shape, magnificent flowers and a delicious taste. On the outside it has scale-like leaves. On the inside you will find flesh ranging from white to red depending on the variety and tiny black seeds.
Regardless of its vibrant colour and delicious taste, what we like the most about this fruit is the health benefits it provides.
Dragon fruit is good for you in so many ways!
- BOOSTS IMMUNE SYSTEM. Dragon fruit is rich in vitamin C and fibres that help provide an overall healthy body.
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS.Which has been reported to fight off stress-related disorders. The presence of high level of vitamin C and other minerals (A good source of beta-carotene, lycopene & vitamin E) and is regarded as relevant in fighting free radicals and possess anti-oxidant properties.
- AIDS IN DIGESTION. Because of the richness in fibres, Dragon fruit aids in the digestion of food which has been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes and obesity.
- PROMOTES THE GROWTH OF PROBIOTICS. Dragon Fruit contains natural prebiotics properties which promote the growth and/or activity of good bacteria in the gut.
- CONTAINS ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS. This nourishes skin, hair and nails. It balances the skin’s metabolism by controlling the flow of oils and nourish collagen, the supporting structure beneath the skin.
- HELPS CONTROL CHOLESTEROL LEVELS. Dragon fruit is also rich in flavonoids that are known to have favourable effects against cardio related disease.
So for those looking for that extra breakfast “kick” this Monday morning, why not try our Dragon Fruit Bowl and turn your Monday into a SUPERMONDAY!
“Where everything is gluten and sugar free.”